{ My journey in self-discovery through Music, Hair...and prepping for my first 5k... }

Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 8...

Tonight is...


...Day 8 #socialaccountability. Today was my "rest day", but I ran a bit-because I felt like I could. Weird. And, because "The List" was actually quite funny yesterday, here are my top thoughts tonight:
1-YES! No soccer games! To the school I go!
2-Where is everyone? I. Am. Alone. 
3-Let's do Day 1 Week 1. See if it's any easier than last Friday. 
4-That creepy cool breeze is NIIIICE. 
5-Oh, hey Bird's! (I am no longer alone-but I love these guys, so it's cool.) 6-There's Del Taco waiting for me at home!!! SWEET!
7-I don't want to die-that's good. 
8-Drones is seriously the best album ever. I freaking LOVE this song!
9-So many bugs!!!! Did I just swallow a bug?!
10-I NEED a bath. 
#thelistrocks #ithinkimhilarious #mileaday x 2.5

...and in case anyone was wondering, it WAS easier tonight: 29 seconds faster, .09 more miles ran, and 7 more cals burnt. AND?! Faster recovery, I'm not beet red tonight, and my legs can still support me!

(Also? Get a load of these sweet socks! All the way from Seoul from B! I freaking love them!)

After the run, I came home to these-


the Del, and that bath I wanted/NEEDED. Is it wrong to sit here and be tremendously proud of myself?! I can't believe the progress I've made in one short week. I can feel my body changing-reacting faster-getting stronger-working harder. I am sleeping crazy well. I've found those enorphens everyone's always talking about. Holy crap...that 5k may happen after all... 

Much Love, 
j





No comments:

Post a Comment