{ My journey in self-discovery through Music, Hair...and prepping for my first 5k... }

Friday, June 12, 2015

Get Ready...

My hope for this blog (as opposed to the other 3 I have that I don't keep up...) is to give me a place to talk things through, try new stuff and be socially accountable for all my many adventures that need-and thrive on-all of your love and support.  So... Here will be the pictures and the long commentary on each.  Thanks for coming on my ride of self-discovery with me... It's going to be interesting...

First up on the, "WHAT IS MY NEW LIFE PLAN!?!!??!?" adventure...is
RUNNING.
WHAT? Yeah.  I don't run.  I've NEVER been a runner.  EVER.  I have nightmares of the times I tried in Elementary school to be a runner.  Then those many days worth of running and breaking and dying during JH. ...And I STILL can't listen to Michael Jackson because of the torturous running that we had to endure in HS. (Remember that Brie?!) But...for whatever reason, The ONLY thing I could come up with, once I was no longer "Miss Dansie", was to run.  I bribed myself with new shoes, a sweet tank-that would celebrate my sweat rather than shame me, and a FlipBelt to stash my keys, Burts Bees, and most important-my phone. I downloaded an app that would support my lack of running ability-while getting me to where I hope to be.  Then? A week ago today, I started running...and walking...and sweating.

To keep me motivated and actually get me outside-especially when EVERYTHING hurt, I decided to be socially accountable and post daily on Instagram and Facebook-my goal is a mile a day. Now-in addition to that?

I've found a 5k that sounds FREAKING AWESOME.


I like the idea of expanding the daily posts here.  One, it will keep me accountable. Two? It'll give me something to do... ;)

Stay tuned...

Much Love,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment